Digital Marketing Manager
The Digital Marketing Manager is a passionate soccer fan, with the objective and mission to elevate pro soccer in Canada. We seek people who can lead, grow, think, dream, and create. Our culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. CPL seeks achievers, leaders, and visionaries. At CPL, it’s about each person bringing their authentic self, skills, and passion to serve the daring spirit of youth.
This is a central role that requires your best analytical thinking. You are passionate about the full marketing funnel, specifically acquisition and conversion of users. Understanding the Fan Engagement journey is critical to driving value for our Clubs. Our campaigns require a focus on optimization, community segmentation, and strategy. Help us scale by improving our user funnel metrics, acquisition costs, offer and content planning, and helping us automate our campaign operations.
You will be recruiting new members into our community, and converting existing members, to successfully fill a campaign. Your critical thinking, strategy and creativity are imperative to our campaign success. As the driving force behind our marketing campaigns, you care about the outcomes and are constantly monitoring the campaign performance and optimizing to ensure they meet our goals, on time and on budget.
CPL does more than soccer. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The brand looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At CPL it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
- Develop and execute digital marketing plans, according to CPL objectives and digital marketing strategy, positioning CPL Website, engagement platform, eComm site for Merchandise, and the App at the centre of everything we do, across all digital touch points and channels.
- Communicate and align strategy with key internal and external stakeholders, particularly your peers at our member Clubs. This means being a self-starter and go-getter. Lead the conversation.
- Drive member engagement strategy for the CPL App/CanPL.ca supporter experience including content, targeting, and journey design.
- Plan and implement strategic digital media buying plans and execute campaigns through programmatic display, paid social, paid search, native, online video and affiliate channels.
- Plan SEO, SEM, CRM, social media and display advertising campaigns.
- Develop a Loyalty marketing calendar inclusive of necessary incentives, partnerships, and messages to drive supporter journey.
- Identify new database growth opportunities that will drive sign-up rates in-venue and online. Test new methods of capturing data either through technology improvements, strategic partnerships, or program enhancements
- Partner with the member Clubs to optimize their over digital success through sharing of best practices including campaigns and activations on the App Loyalty program.
- Manage the execution of the CPL App/CanPL.ca channel strategy and consumer journeys, leveraging best practices and learnings informed by data and insights in collaboration with Clubs.
- Collaborate with Clubs and other relevant stakeholders on new capabilities and features to be prioritized on product roadmap to support Clubs and marketing strategies.
- Support the creative team in development of contents. Build specific pages to support marketing campaigns and initiatives.
- Partner with Retail Brand team to co-develop club-channel experience frameworks for retail concepts and online-to-offline journeys.
- You will be responsible for developing, executing and evaluating retail brand seasonal plans, in partnership with our clubs and our partners, that drive the brand strategy, build the brand and the business, and deliver game changing experiences for our supporter.
- You’ll partner with the Merchandise team to lead our retailers in delivering against this vision and account specific priorities. You’ll also lead our relationships with our clubs by developing effective working partnerships with the marketing teams, as well as our e-Commerce platform to build our brand.
- You’ll drive strategy and oversee execution for the CPL brand experience, including in-store environment and look at all channel marketing approach that includes digital, social, outbound communication and grass root/sport/cultural moment events.
- Reduce cost and complexity through marketing efficiency, creating strategies that are repeatable and scalable.
- Measure and report performance of campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs).
- Connect with clubs’ digital leads for approving final executional plans.
- Establishing strong relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally, particularly your peers at our member Clubs.
- Track and evaluate marketing impact (brand strength monitor).
- Manage processes, timelines and budget.
- Overcome any obstacle in your path and deliver awesomely.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- You have a minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience in digital media, including buying, trafficking, analyzing and optimizing (financial services experience is a plus)
- You’re highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- You can demonstrate the ability to build out a strategic marketing plan with specific outcomes
- Proven ability to develop digital strategy, and to put concepts in front of fans/supporters.
- Passion for identifying emerging trends in the digital space and leading innovation.
- You demonstrate an understanding of digital acquisition best practices and experience/technology trends and managing social, paid search, SEO, video, DSP and display advertising campaigns
- You’ve got robust platform experience with self-serve ad platforms such as DV360, Google Ads, Google Campaign Manager, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, Salesforce Marketing Cloud / Advertising Studio
- Experience with developer services (APIs & SDKs).
- Experience in setting up and optimizing paid social, paid search and other platforms (Snapchat, YouTube, Pinterest, Reddit, etc.)
- Heavy marketing/CRM experience, including leading customer loyalty and direct marketing programs
- Exceptional networking, relationship building and partnership management skills.
- Strong interpersonal, consensus-building skills, with ability to communicate and achieve results across multiple audiences in complex organizational structure.
- Positive thinking, adaptable attitude, must enjoy a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Data is your friend – you have strong analytical skills and are able to collaborate with others to identify potential solutions and to think objectively
- You have an acute attention to detail, with the ability to project manage multiple initiatives
- You’re a natural storyteller, with the ability to decipher data and communicate it to a variety of audiences
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in digital marketing and measurement
- Excellent knowledge of Keynote
Please apply with a cover letter and CV and submit your application to the attention of Roy Nasrallah, VP Marketing email@example.com We’ll hire the right candidate when we meet them.
Canadian Premier League is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.