Position: General Accountant
Reports to: Director of Finance
Status: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Toronto, ON
Application Deadline: February 1, 2019
Position Start Date: March 1, 2019
We are seeking a General Accountant to join our growing team at the Canadian Premier League (CPL). In this role, you will contribute to the overall success of the organization by supporting key functions within the CPL and maintaining ownership of key financial reporting and operational responsibilities. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to analyze and prepare leaguewide financial benchmark reporting for all CPL clubs.
- Maintain financial accounting systems for treasury, payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable functions;
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions;
- Ensure that all statutory requirements of the company are met including Canadian & interprovincial withholding tax payments, income taxes, goods and services tax, etc.;
- Oversee the complete and accurate processing of CPL employee payroll;
- Prepare monthly financial results and prepare monthly variance reporting;
- Prepare supporting information for the annual audit and liaise with external auditors as necessary.
Key Work Styles
- Organized and process orientated
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Minimum 2 years of post-secondary Finance experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience;
- Solid understanding of ASPE, tax and other Canadian compliance regulations;
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the position as listed above;
- Organized and process orientated;
- Ability to analyze problems and develop practical solutions;
- Ability to manage time;
- Ability to prioritize based on changing needs;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
Please apply with a cover letter and CV and submit your application to the attention of Greg Barr, Director of Finance, firstname.lastname@example.org by end of business day February 1, 2019.
Canadian Premier League is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.