The Graphic Designer is an integral part of the Marketing department at the Canadian Premier League. The ideal candidate will be responsible for creating original, organized, and visually rich keynote presentations, social media graphics and creative campaign designs that maximize brand awareness and sales through messages and media that are meaningful to our supporters and fans. You will be an expert in finding a sharp point of view and interesting new ways to engage supporters in a big idea.
You will be given a great deal of creative freedom while working closely and collaboratively with all business units but specifically, Editorial/Content, Marketing, Sales, Digital and Creative. You will lead on product innovation and renovations, communications and promotional experiences, and certain aspects of kit design and merchandise experience.
You are an effective communicator with a proven ability to simplify complex ideas and tell stories in a visually compelling manner. You are energized around the opportunity to make a significant impact upon soccer enthusiasts from coast-to-coast.
The Graphic Designer’s primary focus will be on youth culture – inspiring our young supporters through the power of soccer, fashion, music and arts.
- Create and direct insightful advertising and content both against the League’s brand concept map and key club, athlete and soccer moments.
- Create forward thinking, functional designs, and develop outstanding creative work for all marketing elements, from social posts, online ads and infographics, to print ads and billboards, to full blown magazine design.
- Create the League design concepts and guidelines for key marketing elements such as: membership packages, tickets, venue credentials system etc.
- Create the voice that makes supporters feel, think, act and express the heart and soul of the CPL brand
- Lead the creative design process for all CPL and CPL Club merchandise, including on-pitch, off-pitch, quick strike products, and any signature line in partnership with the League merchandise provider and key CPL Club stakeholders.
- Create, modify, and prepare digital presentation files using design programs such as PowerPoint, Keynote, the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom and Adobe Acrobat)
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in multiple departments to identify presentation and video needs
- Design creative elements including but not limited to:
- Presentation decks;
- Images for website and social media efforts;
- Infographics, Illustrations, Iconography;
- Photo retouching, enhancement, and experimentation;
- Research, mood board creation and conceptualization of presentation gifts and collateral.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
Education and Experience
- 2-4-year college degree, preferably in graphic design/fine art; or equivalent experience;
- Expertise in Google Slides, Apple Keynote, and Microsoft PowerPoint;
- Expertise with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Lightroom;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint and Apple Keynote. Mac Operating Systems, Cloud-sharing platforms (Dropbox and Google Drive);
- Experience working under tight deadlines and maintaining a positive attitude under pressure;
- Experience with a design/marketing agency and/or in a sports franchise environment is an asset.
- Excellent design sense;
- Ability to be comfortable yet energetic in the creative process;
- Successful at working in a team environment;
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to execute projects precisely and efficiently under tight deadlines;
- Highly organized;
- Reliable, dependable, a self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- An undeniable passion for design and branding;
- A persistent drive to push creative boundaries, strive for perfection, and seek out the best possible solution to any assignment;
- Ability to absorb feedback constructively and iterate upon designs until the job is done;
- Ability to create deliverables that evolve, adapt, and build upon existing brand direction and guidelines;
- Ability to communicate eloquently, effectively, and persuasively when explaining concepts, design choices and direction
Candidates must submit a portfolio showing great design aesthetic along with a cover letter and CV that outlines why you are interested in this opportunity. Please send your complete application package to Carolina Rueda, Senior Designer at email@example.com by August 1st, 2020.
For more information about the Canadian Premier League visit www.canpl.ca