The Ticketing function at the CPL partners with our senior executives and member Clubs to define and create the future of our business and the broader marketplace. By driving critical transformational projects in collaboration with our member Clubs and leading our ticket strategy cycle, we collectively uncover and realize CPL’s biggest opportunities. As part of this brand, you are a critical thought partner to our leaders in the League Office and at member Clubs – wrangling complex business issues; delivering insightful supporter, and market analyses; and developing innovative action plans that deliver measurable results for our Clubs across their diverse portfolio of geographies, channels and product lines.
The Ticketing Director for the CPL is a strategic leadership role with visibility across the entire ticket portfolio of the member Clubs. You will shape and lead the strategic ticketing agenda aligned to the CPL’s most significant commercial growth opportunity. In service of building unbreakable relationships between our member Clubs and the League Office, you will develop the vision to better serve supporters and translate it into key priorities and new opportunities. You will gather supporter, marketplace and business insights to connect the dots, elevate trends, generate ideas, and curate best practices. In this role you will lead and create packages for key strategic and business planning processes. You will harness these processes to drive new ideas for growth and generate stakeholder alignment and commitment.
This role also interacts with our Board of Governors to frequently execute and lead specific priorities, is a critical thought partner on strategic ticketing and revenue priorities and current business challenges, as well as acts as a proxy for the League executive in specific business meetings as needed.
- Develop strategic ticketing plans with each club that drive sales and supporter growth, including annual and seasonal planning, test and learn agendas, and ad-hoc strategy.
- Drive the creation and implementation of league and clubs ticketing initiatives, including cross-channel marketing campaigns and activation plans, business case development and measuring campaign impact.
- Develop strategies to grow mobile ticket sales.
- Utilize a test and learn approach to rollout programs, build proofs of concepts and drive towards automated fan journeys to maximize fan reach and conversion across paid and owned channels.
- Serve as the primary ticketing liaison to the clubs, providing supporter insights, channel performance, and audience segmentation in planning discussions.
- Partner with the Digital team in the development of deep dive performance analysis across multiple programs and channels such as email, paid search, natural search, banner ads, promotions, and paid social, synthesizing data from multiple sources to optimize ticketing performance and ROI of ticketing campaigns.
- Manage aggregation of club’s analysis and reporting to develop executive summaries. Collaborate with clubs to deliver reports and analysis of club performance and key ticketing programs. Include observations and business context to deliver actionable insights to business leads, not just data, with recommended optimization plans.
- Prepare monthly presentations of ticketing results and financial tracking. Provide ad-hoc reports upon request.
- Interact with peers as well as cross-functional departments to share best practices, generate new ideas and seek continuous process improvement.
- Work with the marketing creative team to ensure execution excellence.
- Manage and create email marketing campaigns related to ticket sales for all season ticket members, groups, and single game buyers. Develop scripts, email/text follow up templates when needed.
- Be an important ambassador for both CPL and Clubs. You must be seen as a problem-solver who is consistently focused on possibilities vs. limitations, employing a positive, collaborative team approach to all internal and external relationships.
- Manage processes, timelines and budgets as applicable.
- Overcome any obstacle in your path and deliver awesomely.
- Our job descriptions evolve with our business need and priorities. In addition to the description above, your role may include additional projects and club support as needed and aligned with your capabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 10+ years consumer-focused, hands-on ticketing experience preferably with a ticketing agency, and/or a sports and entertainment or related business including experience with ticket sales, consumer research and turning analysis into insights.
- Proven multi-channel marketing with a heavy emphasis on online and direct to consumer marketing
- Experience in developing effective ticketing strategy, including creative strategy and messaging
- Lots of motivation and initiative, the drive to manage projects through to completion, all with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate, influence, and persuade at all levels across the organization
- Comfortable working through a matrix structure to deliver the end solution; flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- A true team player. High energy and results-oriented. Looking to make improvements and change.
- Interest in and acumen for creative with an understanding of how to work with and communicate to creative teams
- Significant experience interpreting primary and secondary consumer research; and operational, transactional, and financial data to identify supporter experience issues, trends, and opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to develop ticketing plans, business cases, and communicate succinctly.
- Solid track record in meeting or exceeding individual or team-based financial goals, including return on investment.
- The ability to effectively communicate with all employee levels and levels of management.
- Business or Marketing degree preferred.
Please apply with a cover letter and CV and submit your application to the attention of Roy Nasrallah, VP Marketing email@example.com We’ll hire the right candidate when we meet them.
Canadian Premier League is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.