Digital Marketing Specialist
Business Unit: Marketing
Position Title: Digital Marketing Specialist
Reports to: VP Marketing
The role holder is passionate soccer fan, with the objective and mission to elevate pro soccer in Canada. We seek people who can lead, grow, think, dream, and create. Our culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. CPL seeks achievers, leaders, and visionaries. At CPL, it’s about each person bringing their authentic self, skills, and passion to serve the daring spirit of youth.
This is a central role that requires your best analytical thinking. You are passionate about the full marketing funnel, specifically acquisition and conversion of users. Our campaigns require a focus on optimization, community segmentation, and strategy. Help us scale by improving our user funnel metrics, acquisition costs, offer and content planning, and helping us automate our campaign operations.
You will be recruiting new members into our community, and converting existing members, to successfully fill a campaign. Your critical thinking, strategy and creativity are imperative to our campaign success. As the driving force behind our marketing campaigns, you care about the outcomes and are constantly monitoring the campaign performance and optimizing to ensure they meet our goals, on time and on budget.
- Develop digital media campaigns to support sales, acquisition and engagement targets.
- Plan and implement strategic digital media buying plans and execute campaigns through programmatic display, paid social, paid search, native, online video and affiliate channels.
- Measure and report performance of campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Produce marketing content where required, including creative and copy, in collaboration with the Marketing team.
- Collaborate with Digital Product team to generate user insights, improve the product and optimize user experience
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights
- Utilize excellent analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points
- Evaluate emerging tools and channels. Provide thought leadership and perspective on user adoption where appropriate
- Reduce cost and complexity through marketing efficiency, creating strategies that are repeatable and scalable.
- Think outside the box, identifying technologies and solutions to drive better outcomes.
- Place deep supporter insight and participation at the centre of all marketing plans.
- Adhere to budgeted allocations, advising on making trade-offs and choices to drive high impact solutions using the best methods possible.
- Proactively identify and recommend future campaign and initiative improvements through active awareness, by staying abreast of emerging supporter needs and thorough understanding of emerging digital marketing tactics, channel metrics, and industry best practices.
- Stay up to date on emerging trends, topics, conversations and the pulse of the community
- Lead an annual / seasonal /monthly budgeting and billings
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- You have a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in digital media, including buying, trafficking, analyzing and optimizing (financial services experience is a plus)
- You have experience working with external agencies, B2B and B2C marketing, digital marketing and new marketing trends
- You demonstrate an understanding of digital acquisition best practices and experience/technology trends and managing social, paid search, SEO, video, DSP and display advertising campaigns
- You’re highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- You’ve got robust platform experience with self-serve ad platforms such as DV360, Google Ads, Google Campaign Manager, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, Salesforce Marketing Cloud / Advertising Studio
- You can demonstrate the ability to build out a strategic marketing plan with specific outcomes
- Passion for building strong brand equity and media knowledge as a marketer.
- Positive thinking, adaptable attitude, must enjoy a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- You have strong influencing skills
- Data is your friend – you have strong analytical skills and are able to collaborate with others to identify potential solutions and to think objectively
- You have an acute attention to detail, with the ability to project manage multiple initiatives
- You’re a natural storyteller, with the ability to decipher data and communicate it to a variety of audiences
- You’re able to quickly develop a deep knowledge of the company, industry, products, and services
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools and methodology
- Experience in setting up and optimizing paid social, paid search and other platforms (Snapchat, YouTube, Pinterest, Reddit, etc.)
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in digital marketing and measurement
Please apply with a cover letter and CV and submit your application to the attention of Roy Nasrallah, VP Marketing firstname.lastname@example.org by end of business day August 15, 2019.
Canadian Premier League is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.