Graphic Design Intern
Position: Graphic Design Intern
Reports to: Manager, Motion & Brand Design
Direct Report: N/A
Status: Internship (Honorarium)
Location: Toronto, ON
Application Deadline: May 15, 2019
We are seeking an enthusiastic and passionate Graphic Design Intern to join our team at Canadian Premier League. In this role, you will assist the Manager of Motion and Brand Design in creating attractive and catchy visual creations throughout our marketing campaigns.
As the ideal candidate, you are familiar with Graphic Design, colour theory and typography. You ideally have prior experience and education working in the field. You have the ability to adapt to diverse personalities and demands and have strong time management and organization skills while paying close attention to detail.
Our successful candidate will have a professional demeanor and the ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Working with Adobe CC. Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design is essential. Knowledge of Lightroom, Premiere and After Effects are an asset.
- Proficient with Keynote
- Bonus: experience with motion graphics
- Assist in design and maintenance of marketing initiatives – website updating, infographics, email templates, social media graphics, press releases, photo editing
- Transform designs from concept to production and utilizing it
- Maintaining many different styles and branding standards in accordance with the league’s ongoing varying campaigns
- Ability to multitask multiple projects at once
- Passionate and creative thinker. Interested in design, colour theory and typography. Be up to date and follow current design trends.
- Passionate about soccer/football. A deep knowledge of the landscape and culture is a plus.
- A problem solver with a positive attitude prepared to receive constructive criticism daily.
- Highly effective working independently and within a team
- Strong attention to detail
Designs will be used to elevate the league’s brand from coast-to-coast in Canada and attract attention around the globe. You will be a driver for the CPL brand and further enhance a culture of innovation, collaboration and serving our supporters across the country.
Please apply with a cover letter, CV and portfolio. Submit your application to the attention of Francesco Shank, Manager of Motion and Brand Design, firstname.lastname@example.org by end of business day May 15, 2019.