Public Relations Intern
Position: Public Relations Intern
Reports to: Director, Communications
Direct Report: N/A
Status: Internship (Honorarium)
Location: Toronto, ON
Application Deadline: January 30, 2019
We are seeking an enthusiastic and passionate Public Relations intern to join our team at Canadian Premier League (CPL). In this role, you will assist the Director of Communications with several priorities as we prepare to launch the inaugural season of the League.
As the ideal candidate, you are familiar with PR and Communications and ideally have prior experience and education working in the field. You have the ability to adapt to diverse personalities and demands and have strong time management and organization skills while paying close attention to detail.
Our successful candidate will have a professional demeanor and the ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Seeking out and corresponding with Canada’s key sports & lifestyle influencers
- Maintaining client and media contact lists
- Researching media contacts and updating CPL’s media list
- Media pitches & filling media requests
- Media monitoring and clipping
- Updating coverage reports
- Brainstorming marketing and promotional campaign ideas
- On and off-site assistance with special events, event planning
- Project related research
- Administrative duties
- A “People person” who enjoys working in a close-knit team
- Creativity, especially when problem solving
- High attention to detail and amazing organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Extremely proactive with the ability to provide prompt follow-through on projects
- An organized self-starter capable of working alone or in groups
- Ability to accept specific direction, with an outstanding work ethic
Please apply with a cover letter and CV and submit your application to the attention of Micki Benedetti, Director of Communications, email@example.com by end of business day January 30, 2019.