Happy holidays, Canadian soccer gamers.
Football Manager has announced the addition of the Canadian Premier League to its flagship soccer simulation series – and made it available to play just in time for the holidays.
Starting Monday, the CPL will be available as an officially licensed league via free downloadable content (DLC) for Football Manager 2020. Fans across Canada (and the world) can play as all seven CPL clubs in the game after downloading the DLC. Previously, Canadian Premier League teams and players were only viewable in-game.
MORE: Football Manager 2020 drops Canadian Premier League DLC in time for holidays
The update will feature up-to-date rosters, player profiles, an accurate league system, the Canadian Championship and much more.
Football Manager is one of the highest-selling sports games for Mac and PC. Players can take control of clubs from over 50 countries from around the world and influence everything from day-to-day training, man-managing, scouting youth prospects, and designing tactics.
The Canadian Premier League DLC is available here on Steam and requires Football Manager 2020 in order to play it. Football Manager 2020 is available here.
RELATED READING: 4 CPL saves you should try in Football Manager 2020
CPL Football Manager Announcement
How to play CPL in Football Manager 20:
- Download Football Manager 20 on Steam
- Subscribe to the Canadian Premier League add-ons by clicking here, or searching for it in the Steam Workshop
- Launch FM20 and start a new Career
- In the top right under “Database,” select “Football Manager 2020”. Select Canadian Premier League Official
- Click “Advanced Setup”
- Select the CPL by clicking “Add/Remove Leagues” and checking off Canada
- To start your game before the CPL season begins, under “Game Start Date,” select any dates under Canada
- Click “Start Game”
- Select a team and begin your Football Manager journey!