Predictor: Full Contest Rules
PREDICTOR: FULL CONTEST RULES
CPL PREDICTOR RULES
(the “Official Rules”)
CPL Predictor Presented by ComeOn! and powered by Tradable Bits Media
These Official Rules govern the Contest. By participating or attempting to participate in the Contest, you will be deemed to have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by these Official Rules.
- WHO ARE THE SPONSORS?
The Contest is sponsored and administered by the Canadian Premier League (the “CPL”).
The following entities are sponsor of the Contest: ComeOn! (the “Sponsor”)
CPL and any sponsor of the Contest are referred to collectively hereinafter as the “Sponsors”.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with any third party social media or social networking service or site (each a “Third Party Service”), including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest should be directed to the CPL and not to any Third Party Service.
- WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO ENTER?
To be eligible to enter this Contest, an individual must:
- Be a legal resident of Canada (excluding residents of Quebec) who has reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence as of the date of entry; and
- Be the sole owner of all right, title and interest (including copyright) in and to the Entry Material (as defined below) submitted in connection with the Contest.
Employees, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of the Sponsor, and the CPL and any of its affiliated entities and clubs (the “CPL Entities”) or any of their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliates, any prize suppliers, any and all other companies associated with the Contest, a household member of any of the individuals listed above, whether or not related or members of the immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling) of the individuals listed above, are not eligible to enter.
- WHEN DOES THE CONTEST START/END?
You may enter the Contest throughout the 2022 CPL Regular Season, the 2022 CPL Playoffs and 2022 CPL Final set out in the chart below (the “Contest Schedule”). The Contest is divided into two (2) entry periods (hereinafter each an “Entry Period”):
|Dates||Number of prizes|
|2022 CPL Regular Season||Each week of the Regular Season||
|2022 CPL Playoff Season & Final||Playoffs and Final||
- HOW DO I ENTER THE CONTEST?
No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. Enter using the method of entry outlined below. No entries will be accepted by any other means.
The Contest consists of a game where you need to submit a Prediction (defined below). Before submitting a Prediction, you must register as instructed below.
- Go to canpl.ca/predictor (the “Webpage”) or open the CPL Centre Circle app (the “App”) using a compatible device;
- Click on the Contest banners, buttons or links to access the Contest;
- Click the “register” button and complete the registration form.
(B) How to submit a Prediction during the 2022 CPL Regular Season & the 2022 CPL Playoff Season (Entry Period #1)
- Once registered and logged in to the Webpage or the App, one may submit Predictions at the start of matches during Entry Period #1 (the start of the 2022 CPL Regular Season until the end of the 2022 CPL Playoff Season);
- Wait for the matches to appear on the Webpage / in the App and make your prediction of the match outcome and answer the bonus question when provided (a “Prediction”).
Each set of matches shown during the given week will be available in the CPL Predictor game during the limited timeframe as specified below. A new set of matches will be refreshed every Friday at 11:00 A.M. ET.
Your Prediction must be submitted before the match prediction is closed to be considered in the Contest. Each match prediction will close 1 minute before the scheduled match kick-off time.
Each Prediction submitted in Entry Period #1 will earn the following entries (refer to Sections 8 and 10 below for prize and draw details):
- Each Prediction found to be correct will be awarded their respective points (as shown in “How to Play”) towards the CPL Loyalty program and will accumulate points towards:
- The weekly leaderboard score where the top winner will win a weekly prize.
- The seasonal leaderboard score for a chance to win the Grand Prize or one of the two Runner-up Seasonal Prizes. (Please refer to our Prizes page for further information).
- If a question shown was identified as a bonus question, each correct Prediction to such bonus question will count as five (5) points towards the CPL Loyalty program as well as points towards one’s weekly and seasonal leaderboard score.
(C) How to submit a Prediction during the 2022 CPL Playoffs & Final Match (Entry Period #2)
- At the start of the 2022 CPL Playoffs (the “Playoffs”), go to the Webpage or open the App using a compatible device;
- Prior to a Final Match, wait for the CPL Predictor to be available on the Webpage / in the App; and make your Prediction(s) on the 2022 CPL Playoffs * Final Match.
- The CPL Predictor will be available and open to be played during a limited timeframe prior to the 2022 CPL Final Match. Your Prediction must be submitted before the CPL Predictor is closed to be considered in the Contest. Each match prediction will close 1 minute before the scheduled match kick-off time. Each correct Prediction submitted in Entry Period #2 will earn the following (refer to Sections 8 and 10 below for prize and draw details):
- Respective points added to one’s CPL Loyalty Program and to one’s “CPL Final Points”
- The total CPL Final Points accumulated will be put towards a chance at winning a CPL Final Prize.
- If a question shown was identified as a bonus question, each correct Prediction to such bonus question will count as five (5) points to the CPL Loyalty Program as well as one’s CPL Final Points.
- HOW MANY TIMES MAY I ENTER THE CONTEST?
You may answer each question throughout the Contest only once, provided you comply with these Official Rules.
- COULD MY ENTRY BE REFUSED OR REJECTED?
Your entry may be refused or rejected if:
- You attempt to enter the Contest in a fashion not authorized by these Official Rules;
- Your entry contains false or misleading information, or is late, falsified, illegible, damaged or incomplete or otherwise irregular;
- Your entry is submitted using robotic, automated, programmed, or other illicit means; or
- Your entry is not in compliance with these Official Rules.
The CPL reserves the right to refuse any entry for any other reason as they may determine.
- WHAT ARE THE CONDITIONS OF ENTRY?
By entering the Contest:
- You agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsors, which decisions are final, binding and conclusive;
- You represent and warrant that: (i) your entry, including any material comprising your entry (e.g. name, user name, profile picture, etc., as applicable) and any material submitted with your entry (e.g. photograph, video, written submission, or other form of submission, as applicable) (all such material, collectively, the “Entry Material”) is original to you; (ii) you have all necessary rights in and to your Entry Material to enter the Contest, including the consent of any third parties whose personal information is included in your Entry Material; and (iii) your Entry Material does not contain, depict, include or involve content that is, or could reasonably be considered to be, inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, as determined by the Sponsors;
- You understand and agree that your entry, including your Entry Material, will not be returned to you and may be moderated or edited by the Sponsors as they deem appropriate;
- You grant to the Sponsors the irrevocable right to use your Entry Material in any media worldwide and for any purpose related to the Contest (or any similar contest), including the right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, or create derivative works from your Entry Material without notification, compensation or additional consideration to you;
- You waive all claims of moral rights in any use of your Entry Material by the Sponsors pursuant to the rights granted in these Official Rules; and
- You waive and forever discharge the Sponsors, the CPL Entities, their respective parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries, any other companies associated with the Contest, and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, licensees, successors and assigns, as well as any Third Party Services, (collectively, the “Releasees”), and agree to indemnify and hold harmless each of the Releasees, from and against any and all claims, damages or liability, including any costs or losses related to personal injury, death, damage to or loss or destruction of property, arising out of, or in any way related to, (i) your participation in the Contest, (ii) the awarding, receipt, possession, use or misuse of any prize, in whole or in part, including participating in travel or any activity related to the prize, (iii) the use of any Entry Material or Publicity Material (defined below) in accordance with the rights granted in these Official Rules, or (iv) any breach of these Official Rules.
- WHAT ARE THE CONTEST PRIZES?
The prizes available to be won in the Contest, are as follows:
- WEEKLY PRIZES – Awarded during the 2022 CPL Regular Season (Entry Period #1)
- SEASONAL PRIZE – Awarded at the end of the 2022 CPL Regular Season (Entry Period #1 only). The top Seasonal Prize being the Grand Prize as defined below.
- LOYALTY POINTS – Awarded during the 2022 CPL Regular Season, 2022 CPL Playoff Season and 2022 CPL Final Match whenever the predictions are correct and based on the points for every match.
- CPL FINAL PRIZES – Awarded following the 2022 CPL Final Match during Entry Period #2.
- GRAND PRIZE – There is one (1) Grand Prize available to be won in the Contest, consisting of:
A trip for two to a 2022 CPL Final Match, awarded to the top winner of the seasonal leaderboard, including a pair of match tickets, two (2) round-trip domestic flights in Canada, and two (2) nights hotel stay.
The following general conditions apply to the Grand Prize:
- The Grand Prize is not transferable. In the event that the winner is unable to claim the prize, it will be awarded to the next best finisher on the seasonal leaderboard;
- The Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable, assignable and/or or convertible to cash; no substitutions are permitted;
- Upgrades and the addition of any optional features by the winner will be at the sole expense of the winner; and
- The Grand Prize will include the following: Two (2) tickets to a 2022 CPL Final Match, two (2) round-trip domestic flights in Canada and two (2) nights hotel stay, all at the Sponsors’ choice (the “Grand Prize Package”). Should the winner choose to upgrade any of the above-provided, all associated charges or expenses are payable by the winner and will not be included in the Grand Prize Package (For greater certainty, the Grand Prize Package does not include, without limitation: flight/hotel upgrades, additional hotel amenities including room service, in-room bar, and hotel dining).
The following conditions apply to taking possession of the prize:
- The Grand Prize Package will not be released unless and until the confirmed winner is present and adequately identified, to the satisfaction of the CPL.
- Should the winner be unwilling or unable to accept the Grand Prize Package for any reason, no form of compensation will be awarded.
Additional information on the above noted prizes can be found at the following link: https://canpl.ca/predictor-prizes/
The Weekly Prizes, Seasonal Prizes and the Grand Prize hereinafter individually referred as a “prize” or collectively as “prizes”.
- ARE THERE ANY PRIZE CONDITIONS?
All prize particulars will be determined by the Sponsors in their sole discretion. In addition to any prize conditions provided elsewhere in these Official Rules, any prize awarded in the Contest is subject to the following conditions:
- The prize value in these Official Rules is approximate only. You will not be compensated if the actual prize value is lower than the value quoted in these Official Rules;
- The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, with a prize or prize component of equal or greater value if the prize or any component thereof cannot be awarded for any reason;
- The prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred or resold, unless otherwise determined by the Sponsors. The prize may not be exactly as advertised. The prize is provided “as is” without representation or warranty of any kind by the Sponsors; and
- Any unused portion of the prize, once awarded, will be deemed forfeited. The prize will not be replaced if lost, destroyed, mutilated or stolen.
- HOW WILL THE POTENTIAL WINNER(S) BE SELECTED?
- Weekly Prizes:Top winner of the weekly leaderboards will be deemed the winner for every week.
- Seasonal Prizes:Top winner at the end of the CPL Regular Season will be granted the Grand Prize. The 2nd and 3rd Runner-ups during this time period will also be awarded seasonal prizes.
- Grand Prize:On or about the first business day following five days after the last CPL 2022 Regular Season match, the winner of the seasonal leaderboard will be announced on the Prize page as well as within the mobile App.
- CPL Final Prize:The Top 3 winners of the CPL Playoffs & Final Match will be awarded prizes.
For each prize to be awarded pursuant to these Official Rules, the top winners of the weekly, seasonal and Final Match leaderboards will be notified within one (1) to two (2) business day(s) following the end of their respective durations, using the information provided at the time of entry. In the event any potential winner does not respond to such notification within three (3) business days of the first attempt of contact by the CPL, declines a prize for any reason, or does not meet the requirements set forth in these Official Rules, as determined by the Sponsors, the potential winner will be disqualified and the prize may be cancelled. In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by the Tie Breaker rules.
- HOW CAN A POTENTIAL WINNER BECOME A WINNER?
Before being declared a winner, a selected entrant must:
- Correctly answer, without assistance, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by the Sponsors;
- Be in compliance with these Official Rules;
- Sign and return, within any designated time period, a release of liability and consent to publicity form (the “Release Form”) and any other documentation as reasonably required. If the potential winner is a minor, their parent or legal guardian must sign and return the Release Form. The Sponsors may require winner’s guest(s) to sign and return, within any designated time period, a Release Form and any other documentation as reasonably required, as a pre-condition to participation in the prize. In the event any guest is a minor, the parent or legal guardian of the guest will be required to sign and return such paperwork on behalf of the minor guest; and
- At the request of the Sponsors, provide proof of identification to confirm eligibility or to claim a prize, or provide proof that they are the authorized account holder of any account associated with the selected entry.
- HOW DO I CLAIM A PRIZE?
Once a potential winner is confirmed as a winner, prize distribution will be promptly coordinated by the CPL using the information provided at the time of registration.
- WILL I APPEAR IN ANY PUBLICITY IF I AM A WINNER?
If you are a winner, the Sponsors may require you to appear in publicity related to the Contest or to any similar contest. By accepting a prize, you:
- Grant to the Sponsors the irrevocable right to record, photograph or otherwise capture or document you, your likeness, your voice, or any statements you make regarding the Contest or the prize, by any available means;
- Agree that any such captured material, together with your biographical information, such as name or place of residence, or your Entry Material (collectively, all such materials, the “Publicity Material”) may be used by the Sponsors or their licensees, successors, or assigns (collectively, the “Publicity Parties”) in any media, whether now known or later devised, worldwide and in perpetuity, for advertising or promotional purposes related to the Contest or any similar contest. Any such use of the Publicity Material may include the reproduction, modification, adaptation, translation or creation of derivative works from your Entry Material;
- Acknowledge that the Publicity Parties shall not be required to compensate you, notify you, or request your permission in connection with their use of any Publicity Material, unless otherwise prohibited by law; and
- Waive any rights that you may have or that may otherwise exist in connection with any use of the Publicity Material by any of the Publicity Parties, including any moral rights in any such Publicity Material.
- HOW WILL MY PERSONAL INFORMATION BE COLLECTED, USED AND DISCLOSED?
Your personal information may be disclosed to a third party in the following circumstances:
- In accordance with these Official Rules, or with your consent, or as otherwise permitted or required by law;
- You elect to receive Commercial Communications from a party other than the Sponsors;
- To coordinate the fulfillment or provision of the prize with a prize supplier; and/or
- If you have been asked to sign and return a Release Form or other documentation in accordance with the terms of these Official Rules, the Sponsors may disclose your personal information to any interested party, such as an entity who is released from liability.
- HOW DO THE RELEASEES LIMIT THEIR LIABILITY?
The Releasees assume no liability for the following:
- Stolen, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, misdirected, lost, misrouted, scrambled, damaged, delayed, undelivered, mutilated, jumbled, or garbled entries, transmissions, email, mail, or other communications;
- Any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in transmission, processing, or communication;
- Failures or malfunctions of, or difficulties with, computer hardware or software, telephones, telephone lines, telephone systems, or network, cable, satellite, server, or website connections;
- Printing, typographical, or other errors appearing within these Official Rules, in any Contest-related advertisements, or in Contest-related materials;
- Incorrect or inaccurate information, including where caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated or used in connection with the Contest;
- Injury or damage to any computer, mobile phone or other device resulting from or otherwise related to participation in the Contest, the use of any website, or the downloading or accessing of any materials;
- Anyone being incorrectly or mistakenly identified as a winner or potential winner; and/or
- Any other errors, problems or difficulties of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise, relating in any way to the Contest, including those errors, problems or difficulties that may relate to the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, the advertising of the Contest, the announcement of any prize or prize winner, or the cancellation or postponement of any event.
- WHAT LAWS APPLY TO THE CONTEST?
The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal or civil laws. Should any such attempt be made, the Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- CAN THE SPONSORS CANCEL OR AMEND THE CONTEST?
The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify, or suspend the Contest or amend these Official Rules at any time, for any reason whatsoever.
You may not amend these Official Rules in any way.
- WOULD THE SPONSORS EVER DISQUALIFY OR BAN SOMEONE FROM A CONTEST?
The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant from the Contest, or prevent any entrant from future participation in a contest, that has:
- Resold or attempted to resell a prize, in whole or in part;
- Tampered with or attempted to tamper with, or undermined or attempted to undermine, the legitimate operation of the Contest and/or the Contest Website;
- Provided false or misleading information;
- Acted in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any person; and/or
- Otherwise violated these Official Rules.
- WHAT HAPPENS IF THESE OFFICIAL RULES CONTRADICT OTHER CONTEST MATERIALS?
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between these Official Rules and disclosures or statements made by the Sponsors or appearing in other Contest-related materials, these Official Rules shall govern.
- WHAT HAPPENS IF PART OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BECOMES UNENFORCEABLE OR DOES NOT APPLY?
If any part of these Official Rules is legally unenforceable or inapplicable, then that part will be deemed invalid; however, the remainder of these Official Rules will otherwise continue to be legally binding.
© 2022 Canadian Premier League. All rights reserved.