In the latest episode of the CanPL.ca Virtual Newsroom…
Charlie O’Connor-Clarke and Marty Thompson are joined by Director of Content John Molinaro to set up a pair of Canadian women’s national team friendlies (vs. Wales on Friday, April 9 – live on OneSoccer’s YouTube channel – and vs. England on Tuesday, April 13).
Plus, Atlético Ottawa’s Chris Mannella catches up live from Spain after being unveiled as Ottawa’s newest signing this week. The former Ottawa Fury midfielder talks about his return to the nation’s capital, what life is like training at Atlético Madrid, and his favourite spots in Ottawa.
SUBSCRIBE TO CANPL.CA’s WEEKLY PODCAST: iTunes / Spotify/ Stitcher / Podbean
- 2:15 – What are the goals for Bev Priestman and his Canada side: “The clock is slowly ticking down to the Olympics.”
- 5:46 – “Whoever puts the ball in the net should earn a spot with this Olympic team.”
- 7:27 – Why Quinn could be Canada’s key to winning midfield battles…
- 11:37 – Does Diana Matheson deserve a spot in this Canada side for Tokyo?
- 12:05 – John says goodbye to CanPL.ca and teases his next steps!
- 16:16 – Marty, Charlie, and John reflect on some of their favourite stories from his time with the site!
- 18:33 – Marty and Charlie are joined by Atlético Ottawa’s Chris Mannella.
23:22 – “I’ve made some friends for life in Ottawa… It was like going home again.”
- 24:03 – Chris reveals a strained relationship with Ottawa staple bagel joint Kettleman’s
- 28:29 – Mannella peaks behind the curtain of life in Spain…
Download & Subscribe: