With former Canadian national team members Rob Friend and Josh Simpson leading the way, Pacific FC was introduced to their community at a massive event in Victoria, B.C. on July 20.
- June 1: CPL grants club for Vancouver Island
- July 20: Pacific welcomed to CPL
League officials confirmed the club will play at Westhills Stadium in Langford in 2019.
Building a team reflective of the Island itself; attractive, rugged and bubbling with the energy of an incoming wave. #PacificFC #CanPL #FortheIsle pic.twitter.com/fwIJDeeqQa
— Pacific FC (@Pacificfccpl) July 22, 2018
Pacific FC also unveiled its crest at the announcement.
Prominently featuring a Douglas fir, the emblem contains numerous environmental elements native to the island.
- August 20: Silberbauer named coach, Merriman assistant
- Sept. 6: Josh Bender joins Pacific as EVP
Pacific FC became the sixth CPL outfit to name a manager and the first to appoint someone from outside Canada.
Michael Silberbauer, a former Danish international, was unveiled on Aug. 20.
James Merriman was unveiled alongside Silberbauer.
The Vancouver Island native most recently worked as a coach with the Vancouver Whitecaps Residency program.
- Nov. 5-6: Open Trials in Victoria
- Victoria Open Trials player watchlist
- Nov. 7: Open Trials completed from coast to coast
- Nov. 13: CPL-U SPORTS Draft results announced
- Pacific drafts Gardner, Verhoven, Fussell
- Nov. 29: CPL clubs unveil inaugural signings
- Kadin Chung first player in club history
- Nov. 30: First look at Westhills Stadium
Kadin Chung, 20, was unveiled as Pacific FC’s first player and one of the 10 inaugural CPL signings on Nov. 29. The up-and-coming fullback, who is a native of Port Coquitlam, was the youngest of the bunch. Chung had previously worked with assistant coach James Merriman within the Vancouver Whitecaps Residency program.
Club brass also went local during the inaugural three-round CPL-U SPORTS Draft on Nov. 13. Its three picks, all midfielders, came from the UBC Thunderbirds; first-year Tommy Gardner (6th overall), third-year Zach Verhoven (9th overall) and first-year Nick Fussell (20st overall).
- Dec. 3: Launch party at new downtown store
- Dec. 4: Pacific launches secondary logo
Pacific FC opened its downtown store and office in Victoria in early December with its recent signing, Chung. Their trident secondary logo, which was on prominent display in the new storefront, was officially launched a day later.